I find that most of us freelancers share similar experiences coming up, and have many of the same questions, and often times no one to ask them to. So I wanted to put this video together based on my 10+ years experience in growing from a part-time freelance graphic designer to owning a legitimate branding and production agency.
Tons of useful tips and inspiration for aspiring graphic designers, logo designers, illustrators, videographers, photographers, engineers, etc:
• Intro/giving context to tutorial through my background as an artist
The first chapter of your career
• Building up portfolio
• Setting/hitting milestones
• Adding on new skillsets within Digital Media
• Answering questions preemptively
The 2nd chapter of your career
• What is best case scenario?
• Identifying niche area that’s in line with your passion and skillset
• Earning your reputation
• Dealing with celebrities and “influencers”
A Different level of professionalism
• Taking control of situation when communicating with a new client
• How to onboard a new client
• How to write a Proposal that works
• How much to charge?
• Setting policies for yourself
• How to process payments
Crossing the chasm into becoming a full-time professional artist Education vs Experience vs Building a brand
• Should I take payment in full up-front or in parts?
• The most important thing to do with a new client
• How to deliver samples
• How to handle revisions
• How to make potential clients feel comfortable
• What is the ‘finish line’ as a freelancer?
DM us on Instagram with any questions
For more, visit: www.drasticgraphics.com